Abereiddy Tower (AW399)
©Paul Edwards 2014
Taken in the evening on 26th May 2014 on the Trwyncastell headland to the north of Abereiddi Bay (NGR SM7968431487). The purpose and exact date of this Grade II listed building are unknown, but it may have been a small lookout tower built after the failed invasion by Revolutionary France in 1798 (the "Battle of Fishguard" or "last invasion of Britain"). The local information board suggests that this tower may have been used as a meeting place for directors of the former Abereiddy Slate Mine, or their ladies. Canon EOS 600D, Canon EF-S 17-85mm lens at 26mm, Manfrotto tripod. Exposure F16 at 1/15 and 1/30 secs manually combined. Original image in Raw format.